Paleo Granola Bar
Paleo Granola Bar
So many Granola blends you purchase from the Supermarket these days are filled with additional binders, fillers, sugars, additives and chemicals.
Check out this easy recipe to make at home. You can make this and let the mixture set and then crumble it up to sprinkle on fruit or as you will see below we actually allow it to set in the shape of a muesli bar to eat as a snack later.
These Granola Bars are wheat, dairy and egg free!!
What's in them?
- 1 Cup of Raw Cashews
- 3/4 Cup Raw Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Organic Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Organic Raw Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Raw Honey
- 1tsp Organic Alcohol free Vanilla
- 3/4 cub Organic Cranberries
- 1tsp Organic Celtic Sea Salt
How do I make them?
- Set oven to 150o
- Combine Nuts, Coconut, Sunflower Seeds and Pepitas in a blender.
- Pulse for a few seconds until mixture is all crushed, transfer mixture to a bowl.
- In a measuring jug combine Coconut oil, Honey and Vanilla (warm mix slightly in microwave or small saucepan.
- Pour coconut oil and honey mix over nut mix and stir until everything looks evenly coated.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Spread mixture evenly over baking tray
- Cook in the Oven for approx 18 - 20 min (but don't allow to brown too much)
- Once cooking is complete remove from oven.
- Add salt and Cranberries to misture while still on the tray and fold all ingredients together until well mixed. (you will need to do this part fairly quickly, if you wait too long it will start to set)
Once everything is mixed you can the scoop into moulds like we have to form a bar or allow to set on the tray.
Refrigerate and enjoy :) This recipe should last well over a week in the fridge...but you may not get to find out as they don't normally last that long ;)